Once you get the interview you need to convince the Hiring Manager to hire you. But how? In today's podcast we'll tell you.
Today's guest is author, career strategist, and speaker Donn LeVie Jr. ...Donn has more than 25 years experience in various hiring manager positions for Fortune 500 companies. He is the author of two books, Strategic Career Engagement, and also Confessions of a Hiring Manager, and has won the 2012 International Book Award and 2012 Global eBook Award.
His latest book, Strategic Career Development the definitive guide to getting hired and promoted is the topic of our discussion today. In this career podcast we'll cover the following topics;
- Describe what a hiring manager does and why he or she is so important to a job applicant.
- What are some key things to do in an interview to improve one’s chances of advancing through the hiring process? (specific examples)
- Describe the “Likeability Factor” you refer to in your book.
- You often refer to the “Trojan Horse technique” as a way to stay in touch after the interview. How does this technique work to keep an applicant top of mind?
OVERHEARD: When it comes to the tell me about yourself question...
"...people still struggle with this, most just respond with what they do rather than who they are. That's a fatal response." - Donn LeVie
- Cover letters are so very difficult for people to write…give us some tips to make them stand out.
- And what about résumés--what three things can people do now to get a hiringmanager to notice them?
- What makes someone successful in their career?