In the latest episode of CareerCloud Radio, we chat with Nick Fishman, VP of Marketing for EmployeeScreenIQ about what goes on in a background check. It's something every job seeker should know.
In this episode we'll discuss the following topics. And if you want to run a background check on yourself check out Transparent Me which is also mentioned in the show.
- What are the legalities surrounding background checks? what rights does the candidate have ...
- Does a job seeker have to give permission to have it done?
- Can a person run a check on themselves?
- What types of records are typically checked on a background check?
- If you have a criminal record does that automatically rule you out of a job?
- How do employers typically view stuff from your past that may be old or minor in nature?
- If you have something in your past is it better to let the employer know up front before you ever get to a BG check?
- what about someone who isnt from the USA
- Any other interesting stories from employers over the years ?