Though its not the heyday era of 1960's airline travel, the aviation industry worldwide is still in hiring mode. Especially pilots. From CFI's (certified flight instructors) to the major airlines there aren't enough pilots to go around. JetBlue is even starting their own flight school to train their own.
Flight attendants and aircraft mechanics also are roles the airlines are actively hiring for. So in this post we'll provide you with some resources to get a jumpstart on your aviation career.
Aviation Job Sites
- AviaNation: online since 2002, this site lists jobs for pilots, flight attendants, mechanics and more.
- AviationWeek - also lists space and aerospace positions.
- Climb to 350 - a member only site, must pat $14.95 for monthly access to jobs.
- Find a Pilot - just pilot jobs.
- Flight attendant jobs - check out AviaNation's page on those jobs.
Airline Career Pages
- CommutAir just announced they'll be hiring 300 new Flight Attendants. Apply here.
- Careers at JetBlue
- Jobs at Delta Airlines
- Jobs with American Airlines
- Jobs at Virgin America
Facebook Groups for Aviation
- Airline Jobs Group
- Flight attendant career guide
- Flight attendant career connection
- Pilot jobs group
- Pilot job search group
Entry level salaries for pilots are low. You'll have to pay your dues flying regional jets before you can jump to the majors where salaries average over 100k. New Flight attendants earn an average salary of $30k but you do get to travel as a perk of the job.
Good luck flying to work!