This show is all about practical and tactical job search advice and today on CareerCloud Radio we’ll talking with the authors of Modernize Your Resume: Get Noticed...Get Hired.
Joining the podcast via Skype are Master Resume Writers Wendy Enelow and Louise Kursmark. We'll talk about the resume business and discuss:
- What distinguishes a “modern” resume from one that’s outdated?
- Why have resumes changed so much in recent years?
- In the book you mention that there’s been a big change in how people read. Why is that?
- What’s your favorite technique for writing “tight, lean, and clean”?
- The resumes in your book have a lot of design elements. How do you reconcile that with the need for resumes to pass through automated scanning systems?
- In the book you share 18 Principles—6 each for Modern Resume Content, Format, and Design. If you had to pick just one, what’s your favorite?
- We’ve talked a lot about how resumes have changed. How have they NOT changed?
- There are a lot of perceptions and “rules” and advice about resumes floating around. How do job seekers know what to believe and what to do?
- What do you think is the hardest part about writing a resume? So many people seem to struggle with it.
- In the book you briefly talk about “marrying” your resume to your LinkedIn profile. Can you share a few tips for doing that?
Job seekers can buy the book at Emerald Career Publishing.